Monday, February 12, 2007

SOCKS!!!

I've been a bad blogger. No posts, no pictures, not even a phone call to let you know I'm OK. But fear not, Flajol is back! With socks, no less. My posts over the next month or so will be basic with not much chat. Mr Flajol and I are travelling around New Zealand, so my time online is limited, and I'm concentrating most of my Internet energies on keeping our travel blog up to date.

I finished the Ripple Weave socks some time back, but have only just got around to taking a picture of them. Here they are, artfully arranged to hide the stonking great mistake I made that I'm too lazy to rip out and reknit. I managed to repeat the wrong 10 rows just at the instep, and didn't notice until I started grafting the toe. I am not ripping it out. I can and will live with the mistake. Really. I can.














The pattern is Ripple Weave Socks from Vogue Knitting (the sock issue from last year - can't remember which issue number). The yarn is a hand-dyed sock yarn I bought at Woolfest last year. I wasn't sharp enough to write down the vendor's name, so can't tell you who dyed this yarn so beautifully.

Here is my current project. The pattern is the basic sock pattern that came with a ball of Opal sock yarn. The yarn is Fortissima Colori Socka in colourway 1776. Stars and stripes! I'm just at the gusset for sock two, so it's a tiny bit further on than in the photo. If we do any major driving today, I might get sock number two finished, and I can start on a new project.

The new project: it's a toss up between Chuck's Cabled Socks, or another Birch. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: